About This Tour
- Location: Siem Reap Countryside
- Duration: 4 hours(Approx)
- Morning ride: 7:30am – 12:30pm
- Afternoon ride: 1:30am – 5:30pm
- Total distance: 20km( Approx)
The price is per person. Our tour group size is nice and small, from a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 7. We also arrange private tours, these can have custom itineraries for groups of 4 or more. Please kindly contact us to find out more.
- This a fantastic way of seeing the beautiful countryside outside of the hustle and bustle of Siem Reap town. During your ride, you will be regularly greeted by the friendly villagers as you pass by. This is a different atmosphere, undisturbed by the crowds. Bike around the countryside and see a different side to the Cambodian culture. This is a great opportunity to learn about how rural life in the Cambodian countryside differs from that of Siem Reap town. Pass by the local children going to school, the colorful traditional Khmer style stilt houses and cruise through the rice paddies dotted all around the countryside. This is a ride that can suit every ability level, as your tour guide will adjust the speed and breaks that you will have dependent on your ability. This is a great opportunity to take a break from the busier tourist sites of Siem Reap. You will have the chance to cruise along the red dirt roads of the countryside, with plenty of opportunities to take lots of photos of the picturesque countryside and of the local villages. You will also experience how the locals trade and do business at the local market. As well as visiting Arthvear pagoda, an ancient pagoda placed in the idyllic countryside, where you can really see how the monks go about their day to day lives. The ride will begin along Siem Reap river, then out of town through some lovely villages. Take a moment to breathe in the fresh country air, while seeing the vast array of farmland and animals of the Cambodian countryside. The rice paddies are seemingly endless, and the herds of water buffalos and cows are everywhere. During your ride, you will also see many indigenous species of birds flying overhead and settling in the flooded rice paddies. Ride past the villagers while they go about their day to day routine of tending fields, managing livestock and taking some time to relax while doing some fishing. And to top it all off, cycling by the lotus flower fields near Tonle Sap lake. Once you have arrived at the lake, this is a great opportunity to have a drink, relax a little and take some pictures of the gorgeous lake. Once you are refreshed your guide will take you back to the hotel or some places in Siem Reap.
What to Bring
- Camera, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, suitable footwear.
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Modern, high-quality mountain bikes with; large gear sets, disc brakes and good front suspension. (Giant).
- Cool drink & refreshing towel and coconut juice
- Hotel picks up / Drop-off